The human body is made up of many joints. These joints are essential to movement
and our ability to undertake daily tasks. As we age, the integrity of our joints may become compromised. Injury, excess weight, poor nutrition, and disease can leave joints, stiff, swollen, achy, and with reduced mobility. Cartilage serves to protect the joints and is typically the first thing to be affected when problems develop.
Type II Collagen is the major structural protein responsible for the tensile strength and resilience of cartilage. It comprises 85-90% of the collagen that makes up the smooth white tissue (articular cartilage) that covers the ends of the bones at the joint surface. Type II Collagen is also replete in glycosaminoglycans such as chondroitin sulfate and Hyaluronic Acid (HA). HA is concentrated in the synovial fluid that fills the joint cavities which is responsible for reducing friction between the articulating joints and acts a shock absorber.*
• 500 mg of Type II Collagen
• Provides 50 mg of naturally occurring Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
• Contains 100 mg of naturally occurring Chondroitin Sulfate
• Clinically studied to provide joint support
• Gluten Free
• Type II collagen is a natural source of Hyaluronic Acid (HA); an essential component of synovial fluid that reduces friction and cushions joints.*
• Type II collagen contains naturally occurring glycoproteins which enhances the antioxidant protection within joints.*
• Chondroitin sulfate inhibits enzymes such as collagenase, elastase and proteoglycanase that can become overactive in joint degeneration, thereby compromising the integrity of these tissues.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.