The macula is a portion of the retina responsible for central and fine vision. The macula pigments are predominantly composed of three carotenoids: lutein, zeaxanthin and mesozeaxanthin. FloraGlo® is a natural source of both lutein and zeaxanthin; mesozeaxanthin is generated from lutein and zeaxanthin within the retina. The dual nature of these plant pigments as blue-light filters and antioxidants has been extensively researched. Numerous studies support their safety and efficacy in supporting healthy vision.* Bilberry is added to provide synergistic benefits such as antioxidant and structural support.*
• Contains the patented and trademarked FloraGLO® lutein extracted from marigolds.
• FloraGlo® is a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin and provides ratios similar to those found in green vegetables.
• Bilberry extract is included for its synergistic effects.
• Gluten free
• Lutein is a member of the carotenoid family. It accumulates in the macula portion of the retina and helps filter blue light thereby protecting the macula; part of the eye responsible for focus and fine vision.*
• This protection has been shown to help reduce the risk for macular degeneration.*
• Zeaxanthin is another important carotenoid that is chemically similar to lutein, and works synergistically with lutein to help reduce the risk for macular degeneration.*
• Bilberry contains anthocyanosides, which provide antioxidant protection and help support normal, healthy eye structure. Bilberry helps protect the integrity of the small blood vessels that supply the eyes.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.