Biotin is a member of the B-complex family of vitamins. Biotin is an essential cofactor in the metabolism of nutrients including carbohydrates, fats and amino acids. Most notably, biotin has been used to support conditions related to blood sugar metabolism as well as fat metabolism. Biotin can also be manufactured by healthy gut bacteria, hence the importance of probiotics. We use the highest quality USP grade biotin available.
• Provides 5 mg (5,000 mcg) per serving.
• Easy to swallow capsule.
• High quality USP grade biotin.
• Biotin is an essential cofactor for glucokinase, a key enzyme involved in glucose metabolism and the synthesis of glycogen (storage from of glucose).*
• Biotin, as a cofactor for chemical reactions involved in glucose metabolism has been shown to help support glucose levels already in the normal range.*
• Biotin is required for fatty acid synthesis and oxidation (“burning”) Deficiency of biotin has been linked to dry skin, and hair as well as poor nail structure (brittle nails).*
• Biotin has also been shown to promote normal, healthy nervous system function.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.