Calcium & Magnesium Citrates Chicago Health 100 tablets
The process of building and maintaining bone structure involves numerous biochemical and physiological processes. Osteoblasts and osteoclasts are the two primary types of bone cells involved in maintaining skeletal structure. Osteoblasts are responsible for bone mineralization (building new bone). Osteoclasts are responsible for secreting acid and enzymes that help dissolve “old” bone tissue into calcium and other components, some of which may be reused by the body. The balance of building and breaking down bone, involves a complex interplay between various nutrients, hormones, and other biochemicals. Our Calcium/Magnesium Citrate formula is designed to provide the structural components, as well as help support the complex processes involved in building and maintaining strong, healthy bone structure.*
• Provides calcium as citrate and hydroxyapatite.
• Contains magnesium as citrate and oxide, both forms are well absorbed and utilized by the body.
• Vitamin D and K added for their role in supporting healthy bone structure.*
• Boron is an important trace mineral that plays a role in supporting the hormonal processes involved in bone health.*
• Betaine hydrochloride to support mineral absorption.*
• Promotes bone growth, density and strength.*
• Calcium has been approved by the FDA for the prevention of osteoporosis.*
• Calcium citrate and hydroxyapatite provide two highly bioavailable forms of calcium for supporting the normal, healthy structure of bone tissue.*
• Magnesium citrate is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium and magnesium oxide contains a very high level of elemental magnesium. Both provide structural support for bone health, and magnesium is a cofactor for many important biochemical processes in the body.*
• Vitamin D 3 effectively raises blood levels of vitamin D, a nutrient that helps support calcium absorption, and reduces the amount of calcium lost from bone (bone resorption). Vitamin D plays many important roles in the body, several which involve supporting bone health.*
• Vitamin K helps activate specific proteins that help bind to calcium (osteocalcin) and helps maintain normal, healthy levels of calcium within the blood vessels (Matrix GLA-protein); helping ensure calcium remains within bone tissue.*
• Boron is an essential trace mineral required for various hormonal process that impact bone health, and helps support the functions of calcium, magnesium and vitamin D.*
• Betaine hydrochloride is added for its ability to help contribute to a low pH (high acidity) environment which is conducive to calcium absorption.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.