3 Ways to Help Shed the Winter Weight
Summer bodies really are made in winter, which means now is the time to make changes! It's easy to get lost in the large coats, comfort food, and lounging around during the winter, and before you know it, it's time to pull out the swim trunks and sundresses! This can be overwhelming if you haven't focused on staying healthy, so instead of feeling hopeless, start now on a plan to get your health back before summer! Looking for ideas on how-to get healthy? Then check out these suggestions:
Sweat the winter weight out
It's no secret that exercise aids in weight loss, but how much will help you reach your goals? Well, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes of aerobic activity in a week, along with strength training twice a week with a routine strenuous enough to make your muscles tire--about 12-15 repetitions. The Mayo Clinic suggests upping the number to 300 minutes for those wanting to lose weight.
If this seems like a lot, try to make it fun with different activities so it's something you can look forward to. Try stand up paddle boarding, yoga, barre class, spinning, or a group fitness class with friends. Whatever you choose, just put your best effort into it and make time for it each week.
Fill-in the gaps with supplements
Each person is different, so if you are not getting the results you were hoping for, then maybe adding a supplement to your healthy lifestyle would give you the jump-start you need! Here are a few options to check out before you pick one.
- Super Citrimax--According to a study done by Georgetown University Medical Center and Andhra University, participants taking Super Citrimax lost weight during the trial. This stimulant-free supplement works by inhibiting the body from turning carbohydrates into stored fat. Instead, it encourages the body to turn the carbohydrates into stored energy, or glycogen.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract--Green coffee beans contain polyphenols such as chlorogenic acid. The supplement, Green Coffee Bean Extract, contains 50 percent of the acid that has been shown through studies to aid in weight loss.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)--The purpose of this natural fatty acid is to increase the metabolic rate, help control cholesterol levels, and boost the immune system. According to The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, studies have shown a connection between CLA and weight loss, most notably in obese and sedentary participants.
Don't dread the diet
You don't have to live your life a slave to the diet. Instead of thinking about all of the foods you need to cut out, think about how many foods you can add to your diet, and all the different ways you can use them. Make eating healthy a lifestyle, not a chore. Focus on eating healthier on a daily basis, but take a cheat day if you need! If you are looking for specific foods to kick-start your metabolism, then take a look at this list:
- Apple cider vinegar--suppresses appetite
- Lemons--boost metabolic rate
- Nuts--decreases cravings
- Grapefruit--regulates metabolism
- Whey--helps burn fat
- Peanut butter--burns fat
- Chia seeds--fiber
Have fun with eating healthy. Try new health conscious restaurants that are experimenting with different spices and flavors. It can be tasty and fun to be healthy, you just need to know where to go! This may even be a good opportunity to take someone to a healthy cooking class with you.
There are so many types of foods, exercises, and supplements to help you become the best you can be! Adventure out into the unknown and try a combination of these things. If you need help picking out the right foods and products for you, then make a stop at Chicago Health Foods. We are more than happy to assist you in meeting your goals!