Superzymes 90 tiny tablets
These are my 'big-complex meal' life savers. Just one small tablet is enough before a meal to help me digest even the most deliciously random melting pot of protein, carbs, dairy, legumes and sugar. I am sure I couldn't tackle an occasional Lou Malnati's stuffed pizza without one.
The digestion of food involves a complex system of organs, hormones and enzymes. Many people have difficulty digesting foods, particularly as they age. The incomplete or partial digestion of foods can lead to uncomfortable side effects. Many of the indications are quite clear; intestinal gas, bloating, cramping, heartburn and diarrhea. However, some effects are not as clear, such as the poor utilization of food and even nutrient deficiencies. Superzymes™ is a multi-enzyme formula, containing both animal and plant derived enzymes, designed to support normal, healthy digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.*
• Contains betaine HCL, a form of hydrochloric acid.
• Provides pepsin, bromelain and papain to help support protein digestion.
• Ox bile extract provides bile to help emulsify fat preparing it for digestion.
• Pancreatin pancreas extract provides various protein, carbohydrate as well as fat digesting enzymes.
• Betaine HCL – A mild form of hydrochloric acid, a component of gastric juice. Betaine HCL helps support the digestive process, particularly the beginning of protein digestion, before food moves on to the intestines. Also helps eliminate potential pathogens found in food, beverages etc. Aging and medications such as antacids reduce the production/effectiveness of HCL. A reduction in HCL may exacerbate digestive problems due to the inefficiency to digest protein and other essential nutrients. HCL is especially important for the absorption of many nutrients including calcium, folic acid, B12, and iron. Besides nutrient deficiency a reduction in HCL slows down the digestive process, resulting in food remaining in the stomach for a longer period of time, oftentimes leading to digestive discomfort.*
• Pepsin – This is an enzyme which begins the process of protein digestion in the stomach. This proteolytic enzyme is designed to function in an environment where there is a low pH and high acid content such as the stomach.*
• Bromelain –Derived from pineapple, is a proteolytic enzyme which helps break down protein.*
• Papain – Derived from papaya provides an array of proteolytic enzymes to support protein digestion.*
• Ox bile extract – helps emulsify fat, preparing it for digestion by fat digesting enzymes (lipases).*
• Pancreatin – containing amylase (carbohydrate digestion), protease (protein digestion), and lipase (fat digestion). The combination of digestive enzymes in pancreatin has been shown to provide significant support to the digestion and absorption of essential nutrients.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.