Vitamin D3 5000 IU Chicago Health 100 softgels
Once I studied the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder not a day goes by that i don't take a small 5,000 IU softgel of our own D3. It didn't take long to notice a significant improvement in my mood, especially during the winter months when we don't see the sun here in Chicago. Surprisingly, with better mood, my level of stress dropped drastically as well. I also came across a couple studies citing that even applying a sunscreen greater than 4 spf blocks the body's natural D3 production.
Try one today and let me know what have you noticed.
Vitamin D, the “sunshine vitamin” is really a hormone but categorized as a vitamin. This is because a deficiency is associated with the diseases rickets (bone deformities) in children and osteomalacia (poor bone mineralization leading to weak, painful bones) in adults. The body is able to synthesize pre-vitamin D3 in the skin when exposed to sunlight. The pre-vitamin D3 is rapidly converted into vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is then transported through the blood to the liver and kidney where it is converted into the hormone calcitriol, the active form of vitamin D. Only a few foods naturally contain vitamin D including: fatty fish and cod liver oil. Fortified foods such as milk and cereal are the major dietary sources of vitamin D. It is estimated that 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient, therefore supplementing the diet with extra vitamin D is essential for optimal health. Numerous factors influence the skin’s synthesis of pre-vitamin D3 including, location, climate, sun exposure, skin color, age and use of sunscreen. When you combine all of the factors that influence vitamin D synthesis with the existing widespread deficiency, vitamin D supplementation is the most efficient and convenient way to ensure optimal vitamin D intake.*
• Contains vitamin D-3 (cholecalciferol), a highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D.
• Sourced from lanolin (vegetarian source of Vitamin D).
• Easy to swallow softgel capsule
• Gluten free
• Vitamin D is essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.*
• Stimulates osteoblast (bone producing cell) activity which helps maintain bone density and strength.*
• Stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important protein involved in bone formation.*
• Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes, cardiovascular and neuromuscular/neurological function.*
• Vitamin D is important for normal, healthy cell growth and function.*
• Helps support normal, healthy insulin secretion.*
• Vitamin D helps support healthy immune function.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.